Hard nosed Frost is hard to beat on puck pursuits, has great vision and generates tons of offence at full speed. Philadelphia liked him so much, they traded up to get him. The Flyers selected Frost 27th with their second first round selection at the NHL draft.
Morgan Frost - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
Weight: 170 lbs.
Born: May 14, 1999 – Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Draft: 2015 OHL Draft - Round #4 (81st Overall) by the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Morgan Frost is the definition of a hard-working puck hungry forward who has an unselfish pass-first mentality. Has quick hands and can maneuver in real tight spots. Strong sense of vision on the ice and doesn’t turn his back on any play. Plays his position responsibly and doesn’t get caught up ice when he should be back checking. Shows patience with the puck and makes the smart play. Nothing flashy about his game but has proved to be effective as he plays a key role on the power play and in the face-off circle. Can throw a hit and shows he is a competitor by playing bigger than his listed height/weight.
DID YOU KNOW? During the 2014-15 season with the Barrie Colts Minor Midget AAA, Frost played in 32 games and posted 30 goals and 25 assists averaging nearly a goal a game before being drafted by the Greyhounds.Back to Top
1) Around the AJHL: Okotoks Oilers commit to U Sports teams; Calgary Mustangs coaching staff set
2) Around the OJHL: Patriots defenceman commits to Laurier; former league coach joins NHL’s Arizona Coyotes
3) Around the BCHL: Grizzlies forward NCAA-bound, Capitals forward off to Wisconsin-Superior
4) Jack Hughes wins 2017 Hockey Player of the Year Award for Ontario
5) TEAM CANADA INVITES 40 PLAYERS TO SPORT CHEK WORLD JUNIOR SHOWCASE IN KAMLOOPS