At the beginning of February in Edmonton, the top Bantam and Midget players in the Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL) got the chance to play in a prospects game that was well-attended by postsecondary scouts.
In the Midget Elite game, Madison Porter, the league leader in points, scored once in the win for Team North. Her teammates Brooklyn Schroeder and Reagan Korber also scored. Madison Black and Brooke Palin tallied for the South.
Bantam Elite also saw a tight game, with Team South fighting out the win. Claire Hobbs, Megan Yakiwchuk, Hailey Wiltshire, and Sarah Gaiser found twine for the win. Jenna Goodwin, the division’s scoring leader by six goals, scored once in the loss, while teammate Ardyn Hawryshko added a pair.
Rosters had a good league representation, as two forwards and one defender came from each team, while goalies were selected based off statistical performances.Originally published in our February Print Issue. Read it in our digital edition here.
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot