At the beginning of February in Edmonton, the top Bantam and Midget players in the Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL) got the chance to play in a prospects game that was well-attended by postsecondary scouts.
In the Midget Elite game, Madison Porter, the league leader in points, scored once in the win for Team North. Her teammates Brooklyn Schroeder and Reagan Korber also scored. Madison Black and Brooke Palin tallied for the South.
Bantam Elite also saw a tight game, with Team South fighting out the win. Claire Hobbs, Megan Yakiwchuk, Hailey Wiltshire, and Sarah Gaiser found twine for the win. Jenna Goodwin, the division’s scoring leader by six goals, scored once in the loss, while teammate Ardyn Hawryshko added a pair.
Rosters had a good league representation, as two forwards and one defender came from each team, while goalies were selected based off statistical performances.Originally published in our February Print Issue. Read it in our digital edition here.
1) ISS Hockey Releases May Top 31 Rankings for 2018 NHL Draft
2) 2018 RBC Cup Kicks Off in Chilliwack
3) Ontario Hockey Association Announces 2017-18 Prospects
4) Western Canada Cup No More
5) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm